Divorce is no one’s first option. When you said those vows, whether it was 20 years ago or 20 days ago, you didn’t expect the marriage to end like this; however, as the divorce rate continues to climb, it is something that all couples must consider. If you are currently facing an impending divorce, or if you are concerned with the legal matters surrounding your family, then it is important to contact a Minneapolis family and divorce lawyer. A family and divorce lawyer can navigate your through the confusing paperwork and legal requirements needed to secure your property, divide your assets, ensure the protection of any children, and move on with your life as best as possible.
Minneapolis Family Law Cases
There are a number of sections in family law, many of which you may not even realize you should look into. A Minneapolis family law lawyer can help you with the following:
- Division of property and assets – if you are going through a divorce, you most likely will need to look into real estate division, division of pensions and retirement accounts and additonal assets.
- Alimony and child support – if children are in the equation, you want to make sure they are protected from the emotional and financial stigma involved in a custody hearing.
- Prenuptial agreements – many couples will consider a pre-nuptial agreement before getting married to protect against possible divorce in the future. A pre-nup is a smart decision on both parts as it can protect your financial interests and avoid complications down the road.
- Child custody – child custody cases can get messy to say the least. This is why it is so important to have a qualified Minneapolis divorce lawyer on your side to ensure your children’s interests are protected.
- Paternity disputes – there are instances where the identity of a child’s father must be determined in order to move ahead with alimony and child custody hearings.
Divorce and Family Law Support
Divorce comes with a lot of ‘what’s.’ What happens to the children? What happens to the cars? What happens to the house? What’s next? A Minneapolis family law lawyer can help you assess your situation and determine the best plan of action. Divorce does not have to be a nasty and painful process. It is possible to get through the legal proceedings in a mature and civilized manner. Olson Law Firm can help you through this process and help you walk away feeling emotionally, physically and financially secure.
Minneapolis Divorce Attorney
If you are facing an impending divorce, considering divorce or worried about your family’s legal future, it is important to speak to Olson Law Firm about your concerns. Going through the legal implications of your marriage can help you understand it and protect your family from any problems down the road. If divorce is the only option, Olson Law Firm will work with you to finalize the proceedings so you can move on with your life. For a free consultation regarding your case and your options, contact Olson Law Firm today at 612-816-2322.