Family legal matters can be difficult to navigate because of the highly emotional nature of the matter. Any time a legal issue has to deal with a spouse or child, you want to make sure it is handled in the best way possible. With the guidance of an experienced Minneapolis family law attorney, you can have the guidance that you need to make the right decisions so that the best outcome in the case can be experienced.
Handling Different Types Of Family Law Matters
There are a both divorce and non-divorce matters in family law. Those issues include:
- Divorce – Divorce can be contested, uncontested, or collaborative. The type of divorce depends on how cooperative each party wants to be. The divorce can then lead to child custody, parenting time, alimony, child support, and division of property and assets.
- Alimony – If one spouse earns more than the other, then alimony can be awarded so that the lower earning spouse can maintain their current quality of life.
- Child support – Both parents need to be financially responsible for the child. The court takes several factors into account when determining how much child support should be paid by the parent who doesn’t have custody of the child.
- Child custody – Custody cases can sometimes be quite messy in that both parents may want physical custody, but only one will receive it. The court determines what is in the best interest of the child based on a wide range of factors.
- Paternity disputes – A mother may claim that a man is the father or a father may want rights to his children. There are different reasons why paternity disputes may exist. If a mother wishes to move forward with receiving child support or a father wants custody of his children, paternity may need to be established.
- Division of property and assets – When going through a divorce, property, assets, and debt may be divided between you.
- Prenuptial agreements – Before entering into a marriage, a prenuptial agreement may be needed if one or both parties have a lot of money or assets. This agreement is not stating that there is a lack of faith in the marriage, but the future is unpredictable, so it is good to have this protection in place.
Honest And Straightforward Advice
At the Olson Law Firm, you will have a Minneapolis family law lawyer who puts your best interests first. That way you receive the honest and straightforward advice you need to make the informed decisions that will influence the outcome of the matter. In the end, it is all about obtaining the best possible result so you can move on with your life successfully.
Contact A Minneapolis Family Law Attorney
Family legal matters can be complicated and that means the emotions run high, which means it can be difficult to make decisions. With the help of an experienced family law lawyer, you can obtain the guidance that you need to make the right decisions. When you make the right decisions, you are able to receive the best possible outcome in your case. To learn more, call the Olson Law Firm at 612-816-2322 to schedule a free consultation.